A festive appetizer for the New Year's! Pairs beautifully with Le Mulet Rouge Tempranillo and our Sparkling Pomegranate!
Tip: Toppings can be made in advance for easy assembly!
Sweet potato coins:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line baking sheet with layer of parchment paper
- Clean 1 lb sweet potatoes - the long skinny ones about 2 inches diameter
- Slice into 1/4" rounds and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Arrange in single layer on the sheet and bake for 8 minutes each side
Goat cheese topping:
- 4 oz. softened goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary (don't leave this out - it really adds to the flavors!)
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Whisk until smooth and fluffy
- Place in a piping bag, or baggy with a small slice off the corner
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans - toast on low in a skillet until fragrant
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Pipe a dollop of goat cheese topping on each sweet potato coin
- Top with toasted pecans, dried cranberries and drizzle with honey
- Serve warm or at room temperature
Happy New Year!
- Jody, Tracy + Randy